Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: RAIN!!

1. Back To Top    #1

RAIN!!

I has rained very had for the past few days, my skimmer cover has a round hole in the top about the size of a quater and the pool is so full water is literally shooting out of that hole in the skimmer cover several inches into the air and createing a small lake/mud pit on the side of the pool. I took the plug out of my filter and jammed a vaccum hose into it to drain the pool faster and away from the pool. Is this going to drastically screw up my FC, PH etc?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: RAIN!!

Probably not much. Figure out how many inches of rain you got and what the average depth of your pool is, and you'll be able to estimate a percentage loss of FC, CYA, TA, and CH.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a similar question if anyone is still looking at this question.

I have a few pools i clean in the British Virgin Islands. Usually rain isn't an issue, but rather evaporation due to the climate. However, we do get rain and it usually comes in two forms - its either mist like which doesn't really wet anything or its like a major storm for several days. All the pools overflow and i have a lot of water loss from contining rain and then from having to drop the level back to the correct level.

I've seen a definate drop in chemistry due to it. Is there anything you can do to keep the chemicals in the pool or is it just part and parcel of having a pool and i need keep a good stock of chemicals etc for these times.

Thanks
    Regards

Andrew

British Virgin Islands, Caribbean.
    Freeform pools - 12,000 gallons
    DE Filter
    In Ground Pool
    Plaster
    Pump Info to follow

4. Back To Top    #4

The only way to keep the chemicals in the pool is to keep the rain out. I can't think of any practical way to do that.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thought as much, but from hints and tips for all kinds of stuff i've seen on here thought it might have been worth asking.

Thanks for the speedy reply as always.
    Regards

Andrew

British Virgin Islands, Caribbean.
    Freeform pools - 12,000 gallons
    DE Filter
    In Ground Pool
    Plaster
    Pump Info to follow