Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: algae spots forming

1. Back To Top    #1

algae spots forming

Hi this is my first post here: great site! Just used my new tf100 kit today & here are the results - fc-7.5 ,cc - 0, tc - 7.5, ph - 7.5, t/a 140 , ch - 40, cya - 60, temp 80f. I initially shocked with 24 gallons bleach 6%. I added 1qt leslies algae control on the 5th day after running the pump 24/7 to clear the green water up. 2 days later used 2.5 pounds leslie chlor brite which i have 40 pounds of for the season. I am using 3 3" tabs leslies in my offline chlorinator at full. I need advice for the next step since algae spots r forming in various areas of the floor around the pool. thanks in advance. Btw pool is a fox lazy l approx 25k i believe,fox sand filter which i changed the sand last season, hayward 1hp pump.
    Inground vinyl liner, 1hp Hayward super pump, sand filter. 20,000 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: algae spots forming

Your CYA is already getting up to where shocking is going to be difficult. Stop using that chlor-brite and those pucks if they have CYA, which I think they do.

And it's time to shock, the right way. It's not a one-time blast, but a process.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Middle Tn.

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

4. Back To Top    #4

San Rafael, CA USA

Welcome to TFP!

Leslie's Chlor-Brite is Dichlor where for every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 9 ppm. The tablets are Trichlor where for every 10 ppm FC they also increase CYA by 6 ppm.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"