Is this a major issue?

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
Our above ground pool is just under a year old. Everything is going smoothly thanks to TFP. :goodjob: This year shortly after opening I noticed these divots in several spots around the inside edges of the pool. It looks llike sand has moved in a few places, I'm not sure what caused it or even if it was like that last year when it was installed. We were so new and had so many other issues that we were barely in the pool last year. Based on other things I read this could shorten the life of the liner and cause leaks. How normal is this and should I contact the pool store we bought and had the pool installed from?

As a side note is is 100 degrees here this week, the idea of draining the pool sounds really bad. Also, I would consider our pool being gently used over the next few years, neither of my kids are anywhere near touching the bottom and we rarely have company so it is mostly just dh and I.

223ac0a1.jpg

a0fc9ac6.jpg

Could be caused by frost heaves settling over the winter or burrowing animals. It doesnt look too serious yet, maybe just more unsightly for the owner who likes a smoother surface. If you have very significant holes underneath or dozens, I would be concerned enough to want to fix the foundation and or eliminate the rodents causing the problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.