Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: water is nice and clear

1. Back To Top    #1

water is nice and clear

Been swimming for three days. I have learned to keep the solar cover off on sunny days, so the water will get warm. My ph is around 7.3 FC is 4 and CC is .5 so TC is 4.5 if I have this right. CYA is a little more than 40. I have a small air leak that Ted "waste" found. I will fix it next year. One question is with this air leak shooting bubbles out of the eyeballs, will this effect ph? thanks filix.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: water is nice and clear

One question is with this air leak shooting bubbles out of the eyeballs, will this effect ph?
    Probably not much at all but it REALLY affects the efficiency of your pump if it's coming from an air leak. I would make some plans to fix it. What is your psi?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My concern would be the possibility of losing the prime and having the pump running dry.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Psi is 14. The air leak is not that bad to run dry. I ran it all last year with it with no problems. The reason for waiting is the leak is underground. Thankyou. Filix.
    18k IG 16'x32' vinyl liner Haywood S-200 high rate sand filter pump Haywood Encl.3 1hp A.O.Smith Corp

5. Back To Top    #5

Filix and I talked about that. IMO, the system is OK with the leak and will stay so for the season. If it suddenly get's worse we'll have to replace the bad line sooner (but we already have a plan for how to replumb the line )
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)