Let me start off with I am investigating my options as a first time buyer. I will be doing the install myself as I'm a heavy DIY type person as it's the only way to truly save money on just about any project. With that said, I like the idea of the all resin setup until I discovered that all-resin pools almost always come with coated steel sides. Not a big deal except that I plan on getting an AquaTrol SWG for a my chlorine requirements and fear that a liner leak would lead to side wall corrosion from the inside out. So, I have been looking at the aluminum pools and don't much care for the price increase and I'm also fearful of the pliability of the Aluminum components since most come with Aluminum everything (top rails, side supports, base plates, top plates, wall ... everything). I know they have warranties so I shouldn't be worried about possible metal fatigue, but since the SWG voids most warranties, I'm kinda S.O.L should anything happen to the Aluminum. Is my fear unfounded? Do most Aluminum pools void their warranty with SWG use? Perhaps my fear is unfounded as I plan to pad the inside of the wall anyways and saltwater shouldn't actually contact the inner wall ... unless the foam allows seepage, but shouldn't. Any advice you can give on which pool components to get knowing the following is greatly appreciated.
1) I know I want an AquaTrol system based on praise and price.
2) I hear that most makers void their warranty with SWG usage (based on searches here).
3) I know accidents do happen and liners do get compromised ... I have a son that I'm sure will test this ... nay, I can guarantee that he will.
4) I assume I can take pretty good precautions on the inside of the walls to ensure if this does happen, chances of corrosion will be minimized.
5) I'm leaning toward the Swim 'n Play brand.