Clean Swamp or Drain Pool?

illtiger1

Bronze Supporter
Oct 29, 2008
I have received great advice here already to help clean up my swamp with a good amount of leaves at the center of the deep end and a ton of debris floating at the top. I've been raking the leaves, using a hose vacuum, and running the filter non stop for a few days now. I have a DE filter and my in ground pool is gunite holding about 17,000 gallons of water. I've already changed the DE via backwash 4 times already. At this point with all of the money I'm spending on running the filter, DE, and chemicals plus the time I'm using to get the leaves out, would it be better to just drain the thing? I live on the edge of the woods so it would be no problem draining it there. Thank you.

What is the cost of draining and refilling? What does your water look like now? Have you posted information in another thread that would help us see your whole "story"? (test results, pics, etc.)

Patience is going to play a big role with a clean-up such as that. I have a friend who drained her swamp and replaced her water and will hopefully embrace the BBB method. She and her family are swimming. I am diligently cleaning and shocking my swamp, I am three weeks in and still have a green pool, albeit a very pretty light shade of green. :D We are not swimming yet... SO, I would say without regard to the costs... can you wait it out or not?

Waited it out after a lot of hard work and patience. It worked out and I'm glad I was patient at the end because the pool came out great and stayed that way the whole summer. Thanks for the responses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.