Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new problem.

1. Back To Top    #1

new problem.

when i started my pump today for the first time and it shot sand in the pool wich i heard was normal as long as it diddnt keep doing it. (it hasnt) i took all the basket out of the pump and intake and began to vacum the sand. now the pump wont run. im thinking the propellars clogged? ALSO how do i get the sand from the bottom of the pool if i cant vacum it? thanks!!
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new problem.

Does the pump not turn at all or just not pump when it's running?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

the pump turns on but it makes a buzzing noise and then it blows the breaker.
    24' X 52" round above ground pool---13,500 gallons---Hayward power flow matrix 1.5 hp pump---Hayward 21 in. variflow XL sandfilter---Louisville, Ky

4. Back To Top    #4

Have you tried turning the shaft by hand?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

ive got this problem fixed the pump is working fine now(clogged) now i have a new problem witch is another thread i started.

non-stop-plumes-of-sand-shooting-in-pool-party-tmmrw-t33444.html