Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: not a new owner...just new to BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

not a new owner...just new to BBB

Hello from Michigan...I have grown up with pools and had a chemistry teacher for a father....wouldn't you think I could figure my OWN pool out?
    We live in a fairly wooded area and my pool only gets about 6 hours of good direct sun...and if you don't know Michigan...its not real warm here most of the time although we have had heat index of 98 today! yikes
    For the last 3 years we have been pouring money into our pool in the form of chemicals...never seeming to get things to stay balanced for long and contantly battling the "green monster". We were using an autochlorinator with a mineral pack (which cost us about $200 start up) ugh. After reading alot of posts and articles on this website I have decided to give the BBB method a try this year.
    Its just that I really don't know where to start. I just got my TF100 test kit so I think Im ready to go......
    Thanks in advance for all of the wisdom you will impart!
    Heidi
    27 foot above ground
    sand filter
    Hayward 1.5hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: not a new owner...just new to BBB

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by wilkerh
    Its just that I really don't know where to start. I just got my TF100 test kit so I think Im ready to go......

Heidi
    Welcome to TFP Put that test kit to work
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome, the folks here are very friendly and helpful.
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons