Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: got my new test what?

1. Back To Top    #1

got my new test what?

I just got my T-F100 test kit and have taken my first analysis. Now what do I need to do? Is there a chart somewhere that I reference to know what to add and how much?
    My results:
    CYA= less than 20ppm
    my water is cloudy....just opened 1 week ago and have been waiting to add anything until I got my test kit.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I am new to the BBB method.
    27 foot above ground
    sand filter
    Hayward 1.5hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: got my new test what?

Head on over to Pool School and do a little reading.. especially on Recommended Levels, Pool Calculator, and How to shock your pool.

Between the primo test kit and Pool Calculator, you might just be swimming before the weekend's over!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: got my new test what?

Welcome to TFP!

If you know what you want to adjust you can use the Pool Calculator to tell you how much of which chemical to use to make the adjustment.

The first step is to shock the pool, after you start shocking you should add about 30 ppm of CYA. For details on shocking, see How to Shock Your Pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School