Rocky's Roller Assembly

Jun 8, 2011
Ridgefield, CT
I bought a Rocky's Roller 3A to use with my cover and I am finding that the assembly instructions are a bit confusing. I am not overly handy, but I can handle basic home projects. Have other people struggled with assembling this reel? I am contemplating hiring someone to help me with the effort, but I am concerned that this could be a long effort and end up costing way more than it is worth.

I am in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Part of my concern is that I was trying to set up the reel cylinders, attaching the three cylinders together. I found that the parts they provided, together with the recommendations on drill bit size, did not make it possible to secure the cylinders together. The drill holes were not big enough to accommodate the top of the bolts and the bold could not penetrate the cylinders enough. I was afraid I was missing something and before I kept on drilling more and more holes in my cylinders, I felt that I should get the help of someone who has dealt with this before.

Based on what I read, it seemed that this was the hardest part, and that figuring out how to secure it to my decking could be a challenge, but I will figure out how to deal with that (we have a mostly grass deck, with a small stone border around the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.