First of all what a great resource this is. Thanks so much. I would like to hard plumb my pool at the end of the season and need some advice as to what I need and the layout.
1. I am in PA and saw someone post that they put a union before the shutoff. Should I do that or not?
2. I also have a Pentair Aqualuminator does this work ok (79202900 Hard plumbing adapter) -- has anyone used it ? http://www.mdsupplycenter.com/Hard-Plum ... 79533.html
3. How difficult is it to remove the fitting that is currently in the skimmer -- I just don't want to crack it?
4. Should I use flex pvc for a portion of it -- I read this link about vibration -- http://www.reefaddicts.com/content.php/ ... tly/view/2 -- about 3/4 down the page.
5. If I do use flex pvc -- do you use cleaner, primer and cement -- or does it damage the integrity (by using the primer)
6. What type of ball valves should I use jandy or praher single union ball valve and eliminate 2 of the unions?
7. What type of unions should I use -- sched 40 or praher type?
8. Back to cleaner/primer/cement -- what is the best -- recommended?
9. Is this place decent for pricing -- or is there somewhere else I should look : http://www.poolcenter.com/plumbing_supplies.htm
10. I am thinking that to relieve weight I should run the pvc all the way to the ground -- correct or no?
11. I am thinking of just leaving the filter to pump the waste to drain lines alone with just clamps -- ok or no?
12. Do I use teflon tape and paste or just tape on the fittings that screw in.
13. Finally fittings do I need -- I am thinking 6 - 90s, 4 unions, 2 ball valves, the pentair fitting (but how to attach to pvc pipe -- or would it just glue on to the ball valve or union depending on #1), 3 male fittings, a maybe few couplings and pipe. And is 1 1/2" or do I need 2" in which case I would need reducers -- right?
Pool is 21' round with 1 1/2 hp Hayward power flo xl