Scumoff

DONNIE

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
OKLAHOMA
OK guys. I don't have any involvement with this company, I just tried their product and it rocks! It's called Scumoff. I have a fiberglass pool (almost a year now) and have fought my scumline. This stuff is great! I lowered my water about 2", brushed this stuff on with one of those 1" foam brushes, waited about 5 minutes, took a rough wash rag and wiped it, rinsed it with pool water and scumline totally gone. Dosen't affect the water (at least not within the hour following) and is so easy. I just thought you guys should know. I'll leave a link. It wasn't easy to find locally but I finally did. $14.08 with tax for a quart that should do my small pool about 5 times.

Donnie

http://www.gordonferon.com/scumoff/scumoff.htm

So this stuff is easy to use? I may just give it a try! I scrubbed at my scumline with baking soda and it helped, but it was a LOT of work. I don't think I've seen a cleaner like that for fiberglass pools before; I've seen lots that are formulated for tile, etc., that warn NOT to use them on fiberglass.

I try to prevent a scumline; I use Pool Perfect. With an indoor pool, the enzyme treatment is almost essential.

There isn't an MSDS for ScumOff, but www.touchoforanges.com/scumoff.html+Scumoff+MSDS&hl=en&client=firefox-a&gl=us&strip=1]this old cached text link[/url] indicates that it is oxygen bleach. The MSDS for a similar product called Bring It On! contains silica (sand), Dodecylbenzylsulfonic Acid (DDBSA; an acid and a scale inhibitor), and Nonoxynol-9 (surfactant; yes, the same stuff used in condoms). If it is instead just oxygen bleach, then this is probably hydrogen peroxide or sodium percarbonate (which is a combination of sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide). So I wonder how just using hydrogen peroxide or sodium percarbonate would work.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.