Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: buying R-0871 regagent

1. Back To Top    #1

buying R-0871 regagent

it's only 2 weeks into the season and i seem to running out of R-0871 (testing at shocking level uses too much of it and k-2006 has only .75 oz bottle in it). so i was looking online and there are 2oz bottles with drop snout and bigger ones without (16/32 oz).

i looked at my bottle from the taylor k-2006 test kit to see if i can refill it and it seems like one can't open it. so 2 oz bottle might be the only choice for me. can that bottle be opened and refilled? does it make sense to buy 8 oz refill bottle?

should storing in cold dark place provide enough shelf life for 16 oz bottle?
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: buying R-0871 regagent

You should be able to open your .75oz bottle. Look the the base of the nozzle top and see won't it pry off?

If you store it in a cold dark place it will last a good long time. I'd still only get the 8oz. Hopefully you don't plan on shocking being a regular thing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

i looked and i didn't seem to notice it that the top comes off. maybe i didn't pay close attention

2 oz cost about $11 and 16 oz costs about $19. doesn't seem that they sell 8oz refills.

good to know i can refill my 0.75 bottle - this way i can still have it in the test kit box.

thanks!
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

4. Back To Top    #4

is there any difference between R-0871-C-12 and R-0871-C?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Diver
    Yes.

-12 is a 12pack
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Quote Originally Posted by Diver
    Yes.

-12 is a 12pack
    then this is a bad business model (from http://www.national-pool-care.com):
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

i did check and it doesn't seem to be the price per item when you buy 12. r-0871-c and c-12 pages are identical, except the first one weight 0.18lbs and the second is 0.1833lbs

8. Back To Top    #8

From Taylor
    Reagent Size Code Explanation
    A = .75 oz (22 mL), A-24 = .75 oz (24 pack), A144 = .75 oz (144 pack), B = 2 oz (60 mL, wide-mouth),
    C = 2 oz (60 mL), C-12 = 2 oz (12 pack), D = 4 oz, DD = 8 oz, DB = dropper bottle, E = 16 oz, F = 32 oz,
    F4 = 32 oz (4 pack), G = gal, G4 = gal (4 pack), H = 25 g, I = 10 g, II = 50 g, J = .25 lb, K = 1 lb,
    Z = 1,000 pack, Z-10 = 10,000 pack, Z-50 = 50,000 pack
    http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... ing=R-0871

Or just order it all from http://tftestkits.net
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

9. Back To Top    #9

Richard, that's pretty good break down! Thank you for the info.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Or just order it all from http://tftestkits.net
    you will probably get it much faster from tftestkits too!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

11. Back To Top    #11

I won't buy my reagents nor test kits from any other source than http://www.tftestkits.net!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the reagents are fresh (good) and can really trust my testing! [also, the shipping is as fast as Speedy Gonzalez ] (Dave and Meg are THE BEST!!)
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

12. Back To Top    #12

In the Industry

(Thanks, Speedo and Waste. As we discussed, the checks will be mailed at the end of the month)
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

13. Back To Top    #13

I know, I haven't sent you my log of how many times I mentioned your site.

(tonight when I get home I need to post up [in suggestions of course] the spinning Mr Green, I love it. I know I have it somewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    also, the shipping is as fast as Speedy Gonzalez (Dave and Meg are THE BEST!!)
    Ok, I feel the need for more bragging. The shipping speed is fast!! But the supplier sending quickly makes an even bigger difference.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]