Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: None of my jets are working

1. Back To Top    #1

Jets Not Working

I have a Jandy underground pool, It is a cl460 model and the jets dont seem to be kicking on when the pump is going. Im not 100% sure why this is but I was hoping someone would have some suggestions as to why they arent comming on or maybe something that would help troubleshoot. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank You!

2. Back To Top    #2

None of my jets are working

I have a jandy above ground pool, model cl460 and none of the jets seem to be kicking on. The pressure gauge doesnt work and the pump has recently been cleaned. any suggestions as to why the jets arent working?

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: None of my jets are working

The pump isn't primed. Is there a valve that's shut off? Is the pump basket full of air?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm so new to owning a pool how do you know if the pump basket is full of air?
    Which valve should i look for?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Silver Spring, MD

Most pumps have a transparent lid on the pump strainer basket. You should be able to look through the lid and see if there is water in the basket.

There may or may not be any valves that affect this. If you post a photo of your equipment pad we can help point out valves that might be involved.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

There is water in the basket and all the valves are open. My husband says that the basket is less than half way full though. I'm also new to the website and havent quite figured out how to post pictures yet.