Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae in top seams of intex frame pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae in top seams of intex frame pool

I've never had trouble keeping my water clear in my intex frame pool thanks to finding this website before I set my pool up 3 years ago, but at the top of the liner, (where the top pieces of the frame fit through), water collects and algae always forms in the seams. I can scrub the visible algae but not get all the way into where the frame pieces are. Is there anything else I can do to keep the algae from forming there? Maybe it just shouldn't bother me!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae in top seams of intex frame pool

I have had my pool for seven years, and there is always a layer of green in those top pockets by the end of the season. When I take down my pool at the end of summer, I take the water hose with the sprayer gun and clean out as much as possible with the water flow. Then when I start taking the white poles out I take a small cloth and pull from end to end and clean out really well before storing for winter. But it will come back the next swim season. Is just inevitable imo, from rain and splashing and so forth.
    18x52 Ultra Frame with 1600 gph sand filter and intex skimmer

3. Back To Top    #3
    Portland, Oregon

Could you spray some diluted bleach in there?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mendota Heights, MN

This is what I use: ... escription
    Just dip it in the pool and run it in under the pole.
    Works great.
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota