Shade Sails

No experience. Interesting look. There's a bar in town on the main drag that a few years ago created an outdoor roof deck and has these things on it. We all predicted they'd go flying out in th first thunderstorm but they are still there.

My wife would lik something like that over the patio, but we're going to wait until we can do a more covered structure I think. Although, an arrangement of two to some cedar poles could be attractive...

Has anyone put any of these up recently besides the one photo with the cute husky in it? I want to figure out HOW to cover our patio area....IMG_0518.jpg we have a pergola over the hot tub...we looked at tension hot and heavy but then changed our mind...this is the best pic I have at the moment. Where the table is and next to it is the backdoor. I will try and take better ones this weekend.

Does anyone here have any experience with shade sails? How do they hold up with wind? Any advice on quality of different manufactures? Or mounting the sails? We originally were planning a pergola structure over our spa and outdoor kitchen area but are now looking at some different options.

We purchased the sail to cover our side yard. After reading many reviews on many different products we chose the Peninsula Shade Sails. Here's their site Highest Quality Shade Products - Peninsula Shade Sails. They work great, very easy to adjust as needed and also something we found out by mistake, the tie downs make it easy to take the sail down quickly if the winds get to high. Its amazing how much the sail cools down an area without making it seem you are in a tent. Installing a shade sails is easy and they can be arranged horizontally or angled, depending on your needs. Convenient quick-release snap hooks at each end allow for easy removal.

bought mine at costco, have 2 in a staggered pattern over my solar room and back porch area. they were 13 bucks each but it looks like costco raised them to 20. had them a year now with no problems.

We have a couple of shade sails overlapping covering part of our patio. We just bought the house in July, so only had a few months with them before I took them down for winter here in KS. They seemed to hold up well to the Kansas wind. The ones I took down are starting to show some wear and have one little tear in them...but my guess i they are original with the pool so they are 6 years old. My guess is we can get another year or two out of them....the one thing I dont know is how the previous owners took care of them. But they seem to hold up well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.