Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor CYA Kit?

1. Back To Top    #1

Taylor CYA Kit?

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a little more detailed in testing and want to find out what my CYA levels are. Never monitored it before, but very curious now (too much lurking here). I have no need for a full kit as I have a handheld pH meter, FC ampoules/Kit. and can titrate anything else at work I need too. I'm looking at the Taylor K1721 as it looks compact, easy to store/transport. I do help one friend with a pool and Don't want to carry loose bottles just for this.

Just wondered if there is any other kit you might suggest. If not, I will likely order this today. I am likely high from using pucks, but I HAVE to know now.

Really enjoying the nice forum you have here.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Taylor CYA Kit?

That's a good kit and so is the K-1720 if you're going to need to run more than a couple of tests.

A better deal is the CYA test from tftestkits.net. It contains 8oz of R-0013 and the mixing bottle and the view tube for less than the K-1721 which only has 1.5oz of R-0013. All you need to do is go to your local Wally-World and get a fly box in the fishing section to put the parts in and you have a complete kit.

Whichever of those you go with will work good for you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The Pentair CYA kit is also one to look at.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    That's a good kit and so is the K-1720 if you're going to need to run more than a couple of tests.

A better deal is the CYA test from tftestkits.net. It contains 8oz of R-0013 and the mixing bottle and the view tube for less than the K-1721 which only has 1.5oz of R-0013. All you need to do is go to your local Wally-World and get a fly box in the fishing section to put the parts in and you have a complete kit.

Whichever of those you go with will work good for you.

Bama...I just ordered the reagent replacement set, and I am so glad I got the 8 ounce CYA kit...I am helping my cousin and his wife in thier new home with a new pool get it up and running. I am going to be interested to see how things go because we had a massive storm this weekend and they have been without power since 5 pm Saturday. But I told them I would do their CYA tests until they get their TF kit. She has already been to pool school and picked my brain but I love that I have the 8 ounces so I won't worry about not having enough left for myself when I need to test. YOU CAN"T FIND THAT ANY WHERE ELSE BUT HERE.
    Beave
    Aqua Leader 24ft Round AG Wil-Bar Influence w/54 inch walls 13,500 gallons
    Swimline J-Blue Opal Liner, 1 4X20 Fafco Solar Bear Solar Heater
    Hayward 2 HP Swim Pro Voyager Pump Micro 150 with 4 way timer
    Swim Pro Voyager Filtration System with Hayward ABS Pearl wide mouth skimmer

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for all your input. I may make my own as suggested with the Tf kit. I wondered how many tests I could get with these. Obviously more with more reagent. Didncome across the Pentair but will look at it too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem