Can I change from vertical to side discharge?

Crzyfrlss1

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2008
Central, CT
I have this pump here
It is a Waterway 1 HP 2 Speed pump currently setup for vert. discharge, I want to know if it can be changed to side discharge.

I took the volute cover off and that's about as far as I went, I cant figure out how to change the position of it.
I tried their website but that wasn't much help.
283106.jpg

It looks very identical to the Hayward for some reason?

I now have a giant cartridge filter with a Hayward 1.5 hp 1 speed motor which I've decided is way too much for my needs. It will either get sold or kept for a spare.

I can practically hear my electric meter spinning :hammer:

There is a very long, long screw that goes through the middle of it. This has to be unscrewed to change the position. I did it on my new pump last year, with the help via internet of John, another moderator. I'll pm him for you and ask him to assist. He was very good at describing step by step what to do. :)

Crzyfrlss1 said:
When you say very long screw...I'm assuming it's the motor through bolts that are holding it together. Am I right?
Or should I just wait for the definitive answer?

I see you also have the same pump.

I think you are right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.