Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Shed built over equipment pad..

1. Back To Top    #1

Shed built over equipment pad..

Since my back yard is 90% pool, the equipment pad had to be built right next to the patio dining area. Finally (after 4 years) I've had a shed built over it all. Not that the equipment is ugly or anything, but now I don't have to look at it, it's much more quiet with the pump inside the shed and the equipment is now protected from rain/snow/wind etc.

Before:

After:

16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star VS900 (1.85 HP) pump, Hayward C3030 cartridge filter
    Nine Techno Solis 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Shed built over equipment pad..

I just hope it's got a lot of ventilation! It looks nice. I'd padlock it, it looks like some place the kids would want to build a fort in.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

There is one gable vent up high to the right of the interior picture. I still have to get the gas fitter out to run the exhaust for the gas heater up through the roof (by law here in Ontario, only a certified gas fitter can do this). He will have to add ventilation for the heater, which will be cut through the walls (one high, one low is what it shows in the heater installation manual).

The kids want me to build bunk beds in there...lol
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner

4. Back To Top    #4

Dang nice.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Great job! I agree w/Richard that you should padlock it... too tempting for the kids.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Very nice
    15x30x54 AquaLeader Sentinelle AGP
    2 HP 2 Speed Hayward SwimPro Voyager Pump
    Hayward SwimPro Voyager 150 sq. ft. Filter
    Hayward H series millivolt 150 btu Heater
    TF-100

7. Back To Top    #7

thats super nice! hopefully you equipment knows you love them so they better treat you nice

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks. It will be nice this winter to not see 3 feet of snow on top of all the equipment. Last winter, the smoked plastic cover on top of the heater controls blew away, never to be found. A new cover was surprisingly expensive. Plus, I have a place to sleep instead of the doghouse when the wife is mad at me...lol

9. Back To Top    #9

Green with envy! Very nice.
    =====================================
    17K gallon IG freeform Pebble-Tec pool w/ raised spa/waterfall, Hayward 6020 DE filter, Tristar 1 HP circulation pump, Tristar 2.5 HP spa pump, Silencer 2hp blower, Aquarite SWG, Polaris 280 w/ booster pump, Hayward Universal H-Series 400K LPG heater, Ultrapure Ozonator 25, Aqualogic PS-8

10. Back To Top    #10

I want to put some type of shed over our pump station too. The only thing is, where my pump station is located a shed too high would block one of my bay windows. It would have to be no more than 5 feet.
    Good job though!
    14,700 gal. 14 x 28 rectangle with 2R IG by Hydra Pools, 1 hp Hayward Maxflow ll, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, Aquarite Electronic SWG, one Aqua Genie Complete Skimmer, two main drains, four returns, 2 spa jets in steps, 30ml Tidewater liner. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

How wide is that door? Enough to get the filter out? a new one in?
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

12. Back To Top    #12

Never thought of that before before the shed was built, but I measured and all is well. Filter, heater, no problem.

13. Back To Top    #13

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

recently built this lean-to shed, size is 4x8, put vents on the side and the small overhang has a vent aswell. I don't have a pool heater so hopefully it is enough to keep air flow going.
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

14. Back To Top    #14

I think I lived in an apartment smaller than that in my early 20s.
    ~22k IG Vinyl (Ocean Midnight), Hayward Tristar 3200VSP, Hayward Sand Filter S3103S, Hayward 4.0 LED, TF-100, High-Iron, 7.5 ph Well Water.

15. Back To Top    #15

Looks great.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

16. Back To Top    #16

The 4x8 lean - to is exactly what I need! do you have any drawings or plans that you did?
    16x36 vinyl pool (approx 1980's?), 8ft deep end approx 26k gallons, Hayward Pump, Hayward DE filter, Taylor K-2005. House bought in Aug -2016 discovered one return jet broken, and main drain not functional, does have one working return and one working skimmer.

17. Back To Top    #17

Very nice sheds especially with shelves inside....
    Cliff, Northlake TX build by owner, IG, 22K gal, Pentair WF 2HP 2 Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Hayward PL Plus Pool Management, SWG T Cell-15, 2 Wheel Suction Pool Cleaner, 2 LED Hayward Color Logic 4.0 Lights, Water Features, Diamond Brite Black Onyx pool finish, TF-100 Test Kit, PoolMath App. Northlake, TX New Pool Build

18. Back To Top    #18

I used these drawings for a baseline, and just made a few modifications to make it more convenient for myself, but these were the best ones I could find. http://www.construct101.com/lean-to-shed-plans-4x8/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctrav View Post
    Very nice sheds especially with shelves inside....
    t

the shelfs will come in handy, I might build another one but I will wait and see how this works first... this shed will be real convenient for all our pool related stuff, I can hang stuff around the inside and even keep the umbrellas and other accessories in there.
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

19. Back To Top    #19

So the boxes that were mounted on your fence are now mounted inside on the shed walls? They are strong enough? I am looking for a solution for all my fence-mounted boxes.
    ?Pool size? Play pool, paramecium shape, maybe 12,000 gallons, in-ground gunite, cartridge filter, swimpure plus swg, Hayward tri-star variable speed pump