How to tell pH reading

Yes, it does matter. Not too exactly, since that is a decent range to keep the pool in. But if your pH drifts like mine does, then you need to know where it is heading and recording 7.2-7.6 is not as valuable as recording 7.6 so you can compare it to 7.4 two days ago.

What I do is to find what two levels is must be between. So, start with between 7.2 and 7.6..... now is it closer to one than the other? Look carefully at the pinkishness of the sample (pink on one end of the scale, yellow on the other end). If it is closer to 7.2 than to 7.6, then say it is 7.3. If it is closer to 7.6 than to 7.2, then say it is 7.5. If you are totally unsure if it is closer to one or the other, say it is 7.4. Sometimes it help to look cady-corner to see if it really is 7.6, I don't know why but if there is a hint of more pink side-to-side, sometimes the block just above will show me that it is really right on 7.6.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.