Hayward H250 heater, replacing temperature limiter

Haiwei

Jun 7, 2011
My Hayward H250 heater, which is about 12 years old, works; but 'Temperature Limiter' probably does not function based on a local heater service person. I bought Hayward Temperature Limiters Kit (HAXTLK1930), with 3 pieces in it - two of them looks the same (marked as A1024), and the third is different (A1025).

I intend to put them on by myself. I only found two places in the heater that have the matching pieces. Should all three new pieces go in the heater? Also anything to watch for during the replacement of the Limiters? Where can I find the wiring diagam?I am an engineer though I don't know much about the heater. Greatly appreciate your advice.

I am also attaching a photo to the post.

Thanks.

Attachments

• hayward h250.JPG
    hayward h250.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to TFP!!

I'm having a terminology issue - are you talking about the high limit switch?

(I found it in my parts book) It should go above where the purple wire leaves your pic - please check that area for matching parts, and report back - I've never had to change one out :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.