Haywood H150 pilot won't stay lit please help...

Jun 6, 2011
I have a haywood H150 and checked current using a 20 dcv meter and getting .56 volts from thermocoupler. Also checked current throughout unit and volts reading the same everywhere but pilot won't stay lit. Any help would be appreciated, also thermocoupler is brand new.

I have a good flame on the pilot any way to jump the gas valve to see if it's that? Or to test the gas valve? I have a DC meter any setting I can set to see if the coupler is bad I set it to 20 DCV and it read .60 on the meter from the thermocoupler?

Ya looks like millivolt is running throughout unit with DCV tester. Any way to know for sure if gas valve is bad? Pilot lights right up but goes out as soon as you let go of button. Also this gas valve is a 36d35u and has a pilot adjustment screw.

If you're testing the signal through the control board then it almost has to be the pilot solenoid not holding the gas open.

Take a look at this page. Right at the bottom is the schematic of how the valve works. Click through the buttons on the bottom of the graphic to see it in different modes.

If you have the powerpile instead of the T/C then you may not be getting enough voltage to open the pilot solenoid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.