Where is my pump leaking???

May 29, 2011
I can't ever get a break...so I noticed wet spots around my pump. I have no idea where it might be leaking from but as you can see below there is a wet spot that builds on the left side of the pump. I have checked all four corners of the pump noticing no leaks whatsoever. It is just wet on that spot, so something has got to be leaking. The only place I haven't checked is under the pump, because I would have to remove the pipes to look there. What could be leaking under there? How much would it costs to replace whatever it is that is leaking? It is also a very slow leak by the way...

Attachments

• help_leak.jpg
    help_leak.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 39
From what I see in the pic, I'd check the pump/ housing interface. It looks like the shaft seal assembly has gone 'south' on you.

But... before you go breaking the housing apart, see if the leak isn't higher up. Feel for water at any connection from the top down. When you finally feel, or see, the trickle, double check that it's not coming from a higher connection.

If you find where the water starts, we can tell you how to patch or repair it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.