Almost have water...now what?

Jul 23, 2010
Southern NH
Hi all...been doing lots of reading on how to get started, but I still have a question on how to operate when we actually fill our pool.

Our liner install should be done by Thursday at the latest. Pool builder will treat water at this point I am guessing. Since we have a SWG should we expect that he will use chemicals to get the treatments going?

Also, we are going out of town Thursday night through late Saturday night (I know bad timing!!). Is there anything we should do while we are gone for those 48 hours and cannot monitor the pool? We will have a solar cover on.

It would be great to come home and be able to use the pool on Sunday so want to do everything we can to help the water levels! We have our TF100 ready to go...can't wait to get this project finished!!

Thanks for any help in advance:)

That is exciting!!! Our pool build starts hopefully with in the next two weeks. I will tell you our pool builder is including starting Chemicals- we are doing the SWG next year but if we had decided to do it this year he said he would get the pool going for about the first week with chemicals outside of the SWG because it takes about that long for the Generator to replace. So you will be able to swim when your home!!! :) What size pool are you having installed? Any construction Photos? They are my favorite!!!

The first thing to do is to test your fill water. If you are filling with tap water you can go ahead and do that now. The interesting numbers are the PH, TA, and CH levels. FC doesn't matter just now, and CYA will be zero.

Pool Builder told me today that he trucks in pre-treated water...so won't be able to test tap before hand. I'll post test results as soon as the water is in. Hopefully will be by Thursday at the latest *fingers crossed*

Just about to update my build thread in the Under Construction forum now!

We have water!!

Liner has been installed and just finishing topping off pool with the hose. Salt has been dumped in deep end at this point. Question is do we need to test water now or do we wait a couple of days until salt has disolved and CYA added?

So excited to finally have water!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.