Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My calcium is at 130 should i raise it?

1. Back To Top    #1

My calcium is at 130 should i raise it?

Hi i went to the pool store and had my water checked everything was perfect except my calcium.
    It was at 130 and they want me to raise it to 200.Should i do it? According to what i read here i think that i'm safe at 130,because i have a inground with i vinel lineing. What worries me is my thermopompe. The pool guy say 130 will corode me coil. He recommends 200 minimum.Is he right?
    Inground 40,000 liters,salt,1.5 hp with a big 3.5 sf sand filter,I live in canada.75,000 btu thermopompe heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My calcium is at 130 should i raise it?

Welcome to TFP!

The heater has no need of calcium. Sometimes your warranty coverage, if it is still active, may require CH be at a certain level, but the heater it's self doesn't care.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Welcome to TFP!

The heater has no need of calcium. Sometimes your warranty coverage, if it is still active, may require CH be at a certain level, but the heater it's self doesn't care.
    OK thanks So if it were you would you leave the calcium at 130?
    Inground 40,000 liters,salt,1.5 hp with a big 3.5 sf sand filter,I live in canada.75,000 btu thermopompe heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sure, CH at 130 is just fine in a vinyl liner pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School