re-patching a hole/repair man?

miche

May 26, 2009
OK so here's the scoop.
A couple of years ago our automatic vaccum "hung up" on one of the support trusses and rubbed 2 holes the size of pencil erasers. Of course this happened in october just before we closed the pool. my husband donned a dive suit and patched the holes. All has been well until last week, when we noticed the water level was dropping and there was water coming out from beneath the pool. So my DH did the leak test with colored water determined it was from the old patch. he then trimmed the old patch and applied a new patch over the old.
Today, there is water coming from under the pool AGAIN!!!! ARGH :? DH has given up and told me to find a repair man. Anyone recommend an above ground service man in the Richmond/Charlottesville VA area??????

18X32 above ground
SWG

Welcome to TFP!!

I did pools in Richmond for ~7 years, back in the late 80s to mid 90s. I can tell you that the best person in the area is...your husband :shock: He did a good job, first time 'round and shouldn't be discouraged by this attempt!

I've got some liner patching advice somewhere, let me go find it.

Ah, here it is :)

Let me know if you need more help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.