Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: autopilot temperature compensation is awesome

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston, TX

autopilot temperature compensation is awesome

Just wanted to talk about how great the Autopilot PoolPilot Digital temperature compensation is.

1-2 weeks ago, the Autopilot had been running at an output of 25% for a water temp of 83 degrees F. FC level remained at 6ppm during this time. The past 3-4 days, the water temp rose to 90 deg F (yes, it's been really hot here in Texas), and the Autopilot automatically increased output to 40% for these past few days.

Now, 25% to 40% seemed like a big jump to me for just 7 degrees in water temp, but I just decided to wait it out and let it do its thing. Just measured FC and it is 6ppm.

Didn't have to touch a thing; never realized how useful this temperature compensation thing would be. Thanks to the good people on this board for helping me select this SWG!
    15k gunite pool. Intelliflo VF. Autopilot SWG.
    2k separate spa with waterfall (ie: pain in the rear maintaining a separate body of water). 2HP Hayward Tristar pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: autopilot temperature compensation is awesome

That is a nice feature!!
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: autopilot temperature compensation is awesome

Thanks for the good word Beezar!
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators