Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Summer found the Great North - Swimmers in my pool!

1. Back To Top    #1

Summer found the Great North - Swimmers in my pool!

I came home early today not feeling well and lo and behold, my son and nephew (19 and 30) had a barbeque and family swim time going for the first time this year. We just haven't had summer up here yet, even though Fargo has been in the 80s several times, just up the Interstate here we have stubbornly been under clouds, windy and in the low 60s for WEEKS. Ha, we finally got 3 good days of sun, it's in the 80s today and now my pool is at 78 degrees, warm enough for the nephew's kids to swim and fun for me to watch. I'll hit the water when its in the mid 80s (soon I hope!), but I enjoy seeing my hard work go for something!

Edit to add photos - cell phone quality but hey, poolside!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Summer found the Great North - Swimmers in my pool!

We started later than normally this year as well, and much for the same reasons. Just in the last week was the water warm enough to swim in, at least for me.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Summer found the Great North - Swimmers in my pool!

I'm hoping for 80 deg and sunny all this week so I can swim in 80+ water
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!