Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Borates - Borax + MA

1. Back To Top    #1

Borates - Borax + MA

Muriatic Acid -

I called the pool place here that sells Muriatic Acid. I was told they carry it, but the guy said the concentration wasn't listed on the bottle. He said it had: Hydrochloric Acid, 20° Bé

Is the strength of Muriatic Acid fairly standard at 31.45%

I planned on using 33.7 kg Borax and 16.7ml of 31.45% Muratic Acid to get 50ppm Borates.

This is the acid they have: http://discounterspoolandspa.com/Store/ ... -P356.aspx
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Latest Test Results June 25:
    FC - 6, CC - 0, CYA - 40, CH - 110, TA - 90, pH - 7.5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Borates - Borax + MA

That sounds like 20° Baumé muriatic acid. 20° Baumé muriatic acid is 31.45%.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

20º Baume is 31.45% strength. If you look at the Pool Calc it gives you the degrees Baume for the strength.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I just added 16L of Acid and 16 boxes of Borex

Excited to swim tomorrow
    76549 Liters -- Cartridge Filter -- In Ground -- Vinyl -- TF-100 Test Kit -- AquaVac Robotic Cleaner -- UV Sanitation -- Winter Safety Cover -- Installed 2010 -- Southwestern Ontario, Canada

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you guys know anywhere that will ship Borate Test Strips to Canada?