Return fittings question

Oct 25, 2010
Temecula, CA
I have these fittings on all my returns (I hope you can see them - this was about the only shot I could get since I don't have an underwater camera). To adjust the "eyeball" (which just seems to be a one sided lip) seems impossible. I can't move the thing at all and I don't know if I'm supposed to be unscrewing the whole part to get this pointed in the right direction or what.

I have tried finding this item on the internet but it seems like they might be too old to be sold anymore. Is there any possibility I could just try and screw these off (with DH being the muscle) and replace with an easier to adjust model? I noticed that some returns have a piece that you can buy that helps you adjust them - at least that's what it looks like.

Any ideas? This is the only one facing down in the pool and I really need it to face the surface to move things toward the skimmer.

Thanks
Anne

Just screws in and out. Try it with the pump off. Maybe use a rubber strap wrench or channel lock pliers if it's stubborn. Looks like whole thing is one piece. Mine is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.