What's your current pool temp?

thanks for the condolences everyone!
have not checked pool temp in 2 days. we're having a cold front here, and there may not be any swimming for another couple of days. On a brighter note, my heat pump arrived today, and might be installed Friday or Saturday....could be swimming again by monday, i guess. i would imagine pool is at about 60-63....brrrr!!!!!!!!!

gonefishn: i think so! it's been unseasonably cold here. intended to get heat pump hooked up today, but 2 veterinary emergencies took precedence. dog has enteritis, cat has torn anterior cruciate ligament. after 2 trips to vet, and resulting "mommy" duties....heat pump will have to wait. It should start warming here Monday, i think.....a nice, warm, relaxing swim sounds like heaven right now!!! LOL!

Creeping up on 87-88 during the afternoon :) I'm cheating by living in AZ and using a redneck solar setup with e-bay panels. The weathers been in the 90s for a few days which has helped. I hope to hold temp next week even though 80s are in the forecast

Shoot, mine was at 50 degrees this morning at 7 am. Sunny day ahead, so i turned on the solar heater. It got to 55 degrees by 5:30 pm. Darned cold front here has the pool WAY too cold to swim....even too cold for me!!! :shock: WHERE is the Spring time weather????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I can safely say ALL the ice went out on Sunday. Hopefully temps will stay above freezing so we can get things moving along. I don't dare top off/fill until I can be sure we won't freeze up the lines unless (I circulate them on a semi-regular timed regimen at night?), but on the other hand with warmer daytime temps (60-70), we will have algae to deal with if we don't. This is an odd spring - usually it goes from WAY cold all the time to WARM enough all the time and few really cold evenings in there. Our days are plenty warm but the nights are right on the edge of cold.

Ok, just opened the pool today, all I connected was the pool to the filter, back to the pool though. The water temp is a crisp 58 degrees. Which is good enough for polar bears I would imagine, but not for me.

Anyhow, I am hard piping my heater over to the vicinity of the pool so I don't have to have a big long hose lying across the way to the pump.

Mine here in Northern NJ is at 77, which is pretty good considering it has been dropping to 37-39 outside the last three nights. I initially raised it from 44 to 72 with the heatpump. The rest of the gain is from the pair of 2' by 20' solar panels I added last week.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.