Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 135 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your current pool temp?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's your current pool temp?

Ours is up to 77 F. The kids will get in at that temperature. I might get in when the water is over 80, if it's warm enough outside.

Won't be long. (apologies to those of you North of the Mason Dixon Line). Don't worry, you can gloat when we are complaining about the humidity and mosquitoes that are so big they can carry your kids off.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

My cover is still on, for at least another 3 weeks, probably 4! lol
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

3. Back To Top    #3
    water temp, cover, wahhhhhhh I wanna pool!!!!

And the real kicker is that I know WAAAY too much about proper pool chemistry (in layman's terms) to be able to enjoy a public pool anymore... After swimming at our Y, my dd's hair and swimsuit smell just awful, and I know the water is kept to 'strict standards'. eww.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by GraceByDesign
    water temp, cover, wahhhhhhh I wanna pool!!!!

And the real kicker is that I know WAAAY too much about proper pool chemistry (in layman's terms) to be able to enjoy a public pool anymore... After swimming at our Y, my dd's hair and swimsuit smell just awful, and I know the water is kept to 'strict standards'. eww.
    Yes strict standards, 200 readings for Chlorine. Like the lady I rented a house off of in Florida when I went to Disney, "The more Chlorine the Better, it is just more Sanitary". I just walked away and would not let my kids swim in it. My brother brought along a cheap walmart test kit, and with one drop in the chlorine side it turned BRIGHT RED! Ugh.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

5. Back To Top    #5
    We just hit 70F this past weekend!

6. Back To Top    #6
    I was at 89 over the weekend. Had 20 plus kids in the pool for a party. Obviously it was heated. Temp last night was down to 78 degrees.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Re: What's your current pool temp?

Mine was up to almost 73 last night--up from 69 after 2 days of running the solar heater!
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

8. Back To Top    #8

well, let's see.....I unhooked part of the loop-loc yesterday to see if I could drain some water out and I still have about 5 to 6 inches of ice....depressing....
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

9. Back To Top    #9
    MaryLee, Come on down south and jump in some of our "bath water", compared to your temps.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

10. Back To Top    #10
    32k solar panels and we just about at 70 and near Sacramento

11. Back To Top    #11

I opened the four corners of the loop loc yesterday... Dropped in some algicide and when I rinsed the bottle it felt real real cold!!!!!!

Least there is no ice! Lots of worms tho.
    62,800 Litre IG Vinyl
    Sand Filter
    1HP Super Pump
    Clearwater/Zodiac LM2-24S SWG
    Aquabot Turbo Robot Cleaner
    250K NG Heater

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by divnkd101
    MaryLee, Come on down south and jump in some of our "bath water", compared to your temps.
    Sure, rub it in why don't ya!!
    18 X 40 IG Vinyl
    Pentair DE filter
    400K BTU Pentair Mini-Max Heater

13. Back To Top    #13
    Jumped in yesterday @ 70 degrees. Didn't stay in long but it sure was refreshing after a day of deck building.
    8500 Gallon Fiberglass IG / Sta-Rite pump,cartridge filter & heater / PoolPilot Dig 220-36 SWG / Testing w/K2006

14. Back To Top    #14

In the Industry

Up to 77 degrees yesterday; back down to 75 this morning but the solar heater's been running. . . planning on a nice float this evening!
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

15. Back To Top    #15

75 in mine at this time
    :grin::grin: Yes I am a newbie :grin::grin:

Grecian 17'x33' Vinyl liner pool
    ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    Sta-Rite Dura-Glas 1.5hp pump.
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

16. Back To Top    #16

In the Industry

Up to 78 yesterday; maybe it'll break 80 today!! I'll have a nice swim tonight, I hope.
    ~Jules~

Taylor K-2006 test

17. Back To Top    #17
    Mine hit 60 over the weekend, but I didn't open. Low of 26 is forecast tonight.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

18. Back To Top    #18
    about 66-68 degrees. went swimming 2 days ago at 66, and it was quite refreshing and enjoyable. swam last night at 68, but it felt colder due to windy conditions. DH and i had to euthanize our 15 year old dog last night, so did not feel good enough t swim today. i just sat in the hot tub and felt sad.
    Eat, Sleep.....SWIM!!!

Hertford, NC
    24 ft rd ag pool

19. Back To Top    #19

Sorry for your loss.
    16x32 inground vinyl 8' deep end
    1hp Northstar Pump, 20" Sand Filter
    6ft Double Lounge, 2 Aqua Lamps w/remote
    216sqft Sungrabber Panels (9- 2'x12') a little undersized

20. Back To Top    #20
    Thank you very much. We were truly attached to her. I found her in 1993, long before i even met the man that is now my husband. Hard to lose someone you've been so close to for all those years. And we just lost our old horse in January....and our old pet rabbit too.....WHEW! What an awful year so far....hope it gets better!!!!
    Eat, Sleep.....SWIM!!!

Hertford, NC
    24 ft rd ag pool

Page 1 of 135 12341151101 ... LastLast