Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG piping

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Angeles, CA

SWG piping

Hi everyone!

Can someone please tell me how to pipe a SWG. I am new to pool maintenance and am toying with the idea of installing a SWG in my pool.

Also, how much longer do i have to run the pump? Mine runs 11 hours a day at a low flow rate to acheive 1.1 turnover.

Suley, West Hills, CA
    IG 23000 Gallons with IG Spa Gunite plaster, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3HP, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 420 Cartridge filter, Teledyne Laars One series 400,000 BTU Nat Gas Heater, Hayward Max Flo 1HP Single Speed Spa pump, Noisy Spa blower, Dolphin Deluxe 4 robotic vacuum.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: SWG piping

If the swcg will work on low flow (& most do) you won't need to run it any longer than you run it now.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Plumbing is easy. The SWG should be the last thing on the line before the pipes go to the pool (after filter and heater).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lakeland, FL

I just added mine a few weeks ago. I've included pictures:
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Huntsville, AL

Some SWGs also have a flow sensor/switch that requires a run of straight tubing immediately before the switch. Check the manuals of the units you are interested in to see if there is a sensor and what the length of the straight run needs to be.
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG