Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical timer pump,lights mounting ideas

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical timer pump,lights mounting ideas

Hello all i have a above ground pool and i was wantying to mount the timer but nowhere really to mount it to,um i was thinking about making a pole out of pointed 2x4 pound it in by the ground next to filter and with wood board mounted on it say 10inx10in that i could mount timer to like something you would see at a small construction site somewhere usa....if anyone has a better idea or any pics of your install simallar to mine lmk.......thanks mike
    18ft 52in deep doughboy 8000 gallons
    22 in sand filter
    1 1/2 pump
    tk-2006 test kit that rocks!
    12.5% chlorine
    aqua critter vac

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Electrical timer pump,lights mounting ideas

I see that done at a lot of places. It may not be pretty but it works. If you have to meet code in your area make sure you find out if they're ok with it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Richardson, Texas

Electrical timer pump,lights mounting ideas

Here what I did. Ran and attach my outlet and landscape box to a 4x4. Just to make it nicer I used schd40 conduit to run the wire neatly up the post to the box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex Ultra-Frame 18x52
    Intex Sand/Salt Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    Shreveport, LA

Re: Electrical timer pump,lights mounting ideas

I'd like to see some pictures as well. Trying to figure out what to do with mine as well. Just got the pool and am running off of a 14gauge extension cord with an attached GFCI outlet. I'd love to get a timer setup so it can shut off at night.