A quick and easy fix if your blonde hair turns green...

Samantha_in_AL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2010
Altoona, AL
I learned something very interesting yesterday. Some of you may already know this, but I thought I'd share just in case it could help somebody one day.

I was at the salon getting my hair colored and this lady walks in with a scarf tied around her head. She pulled it off to reveal her army green hair! :shock: Ohhh man, I felt bad for her, she was almost in tears. Chris (my awesome color expert and hairstylist extraordinaire) asked her what happened and she explained that she had gone swimming for the first time this year and her new pool man must be using something different. :roll:

What did he do to fix it? He slathered her hair in ketchup and let it sit for a few minutes. When he washed it out she was blonde again as if nothing ever happened. I was amazed!!! Wow, who would have thought KETCHUP would fix it? He said he sees this a few times a month so he keeps a huge bottle in the cabinet.

I'm so glad this has never happened to me. It has always been a fear of mine, especially when we take our jet skis out on the rivers and lakes. I'm glad to know it can be fixed pretty easy. :goodjob:

Bama, I tried to tell her about the copper. She informed me that she doesn't have the time to care for her pool and chooses to leave it to the professionals. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying, "If they were really professionals this wouldn't have happened in the first place!"

Siska, I think any brand will do. It has something to do with the acids from the tomatoes and other ingredients in it.

Good information to have... not that any of us would have to tell our swimmers how to get rid of green hair after swimming in our little oasis. :)

Boy won't we sound smart when we can tell them why their hair turned green... &, how to fix it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Why even consider catsup when you can use Nexxus Aloe Rid?

They usually sell it at Wal-mart, but I don't think it is next to the catsup, mustard or vinegar :mrgreen:

Save the condiments for the french fries :)

.....just makin' conversation.....

This happened to my blond hair little boy. I found the ketchup trick on Pinterest. Worked like a charm! I had to do two applications. He was so embarressed, poor guy. For the record: this happened before I found this amazing website and humbly learned how clueless I was about pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.