Replacement Hot Tub Cover Advice

Oct 16, 2007
South Central PA
Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with replacement hot tub covers ?

I am in need of a new one and am overwhelmed by the sheer number of manufacturers out there that claim to have the best .

I have a Dynasty hot tub and the cover that came on it didn't last much more than 1 year . Disappointing to say the least ...

Thanks for any insights ...

Melissab - I need the whole cover . The cover material is completely coming apart at the seams . I checked with the dealer and I think they wanted $400 or more for the replacement Dynasty cover .

Siska - I really have no idea why it only lasted a year (bad material ?) but , I would not put another Dynasty cover on it that's for sure .

Have you contacted the dealer you bought it from or the manufacturer to see if it was under warranty? I live in NJ and my cover is over 9 years old. I've replaced the inner styrofoam peices due to kids jumping on the hot tub cover at a party (not my kids :rant: ) but the actual cover is the original one. We have had tons of wind, rain, ice and snow and it is in direct sunlight most of the day. I would think it was a defective cover if it is falling apart after one year.

Sorry to hear about your cover not lasting very long :(

I've had a great experience with my replacement hot tub cover. It is a cover cap, not sure if that is exactly what you're looking for, but its worked for me! I purchased it from Empire Patio Covers. It is durable, high quality, and low priced.

I have had a Spa for over 20 years now and had gone through a series of replacement covers that were styrofoam based. I have a large spa - 11 feet by 7 feet that requires a three piece cover. Some had aluminum bracing inside or frames to protect them, but all of them failed at about three or four years with the same problem: breakdown of the styrofoam seal and the styrofoam becoming waterlogged. The cover would become heavier and heavier and eventually sag and break due to its own weight.

Six years ago I purchased a be-lite Aluminum Spa cover. At six years it has no sag, no weight gain and looks like the day I purchased it. I am not a salesman for be-lite or affiliated with them in any way; just a spa owner who got tired of throwing away money on the vinyl covered styrofoam solutions on the market.

I have a two year old Dynasty Spa and I am very disappointed in the cover. The top material is dryrotted even though I have kept it covered in 303 protectant. The day it was delivered there was mold in the cover but the dealer would not do anything except give me different cleaners to try to clean the mold myself.

Looks like it is replacement time for me as well. Definitely will not go back with a Dynasty replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.