Hayward Goldline Aquatrol SWG not working right...

Hoxman

May 1, 2011
My SWG normally has the salt level on the display, but two weeks ago it said "Cold"....

My chlorine has been off (low) and I had to add bleach to the pool...

I cleaned the cell with acid and rinsed it well and put it back in place, but it doesn't read the salt level..
I checked the manual and troubleshooting guide and it said if salt is too high, it won't display the salt level, so i emptied and exchanged 20% of the water and it took the salt level from 3700 to 3300 and it still isn't showing salt level..

The "salt too high" light never came on... I can't get it out of diagnostic mode even after unplugging it, etc..

I tested to water today and here are my stats:
pH 7.5, FC 12, CC 1, TA 80, CH 240, CYA 50, Temp 86....

Help???

It sometimes takes a while before the unit will display a salt level in anything other than diagnostic mode. The salt level is averaged over 24 hours, and won't display if there hasn't been enough time to average over.

I have a Hayward Aquatrol Goldline SWG. I bought a replacement cell in 2009. I bought my unit in 2007. We have been having trouble with the display showing "Cold" all the time and it will only generate cholorine in "Super Chlorinate" mode. Should we replace the cell again? What can we do to fix this? Is it the board? Thanks for any help!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.