Chlorine supply systems

Jun 5, 2011
Buffalo, N.Y.
I am trying to decide what type of chlorine system to use on my new pool. My previous pool I used the method of putting pucks in the skimmer. That pool had no center drain. My new pool has a center drain, When I opened it this year I found the liner was starting to wrinkle up or shrivel around the center drains and the wrinkles are getting brittle and the liner is looking bleached out in the same areas. The pool company came out and told me it was from putting the tablets in the skimmer and when the pump is off the chlorine is traveling down the center drain and super chlorinating that area. Sounded like it made sense to me, so I want a better system. I was thinking about an inline chlorinator for convenance and reasonable price. I was considering a swcg but don't like the idea of replacing the expensive cell every few years. If a injection pump is the preferred method what type is the best to get? Just a note my inlaws pool had the same wrinkle problem and they kept using the in the skimmer method and the liner was totally ruined in three years, I just replaced it so we don't want it to happen again. Mine only has a small area effected so I want to change before I ruin my liner totally. Thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.