Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test results

1. Back To Top    #1

Test results

1st time pool owner. Just had it built/finished last year in October and now opened it May 26.
    Pool builder added:
    1 Qt Poly 60 Algaecide, 1Qt Sparkle Super Clarifier, and 320 lbs of salt
    I added:
    15 lbs of Alkalinity up, 4 lbs of CYA, 1 1/2 lbs of pH Increaser, 15 lbs of Hardner Plus, and 160 lbs of salt.
    This is all prior to finding out about TFP.

After joining TFP and purchasing a TF-100 kit

My readings are:
    FC 4.5
    CC 0
    pH 7.8
    T/A 140
    CH 300
    CYA 30
    CL 3
    Salt 3400 - 3700 on SWG display. I tested it to around 3900-4000 with the Taylor Salt Test kit. I know this level is on the high side. I added too much salt prior to receiving my test kit.
    The pool is in 100% sunlight all day. Trying to do the right things and read all I can from TFP.com
    Any comments or advise please.

Thank you
    22K gal, DE, IG Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1 1/2 HP@50 GPM, SWG - Gold Line Aqua Rite AQR w/ T-15 Cell.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test results

pH needs to come down, CYA needs to go up. FC is a little high, but with low CYA, I'd keep it up there to have a little reserve. Plug your numbers into Pool Calculator. Be sure to specify size, finish, source of chlorine.

TA will slowly come down if you keep pH in range all the time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Test results

Thanks for the quick response. using the Pool Calculator, what would be my Target numbers?
    I am thinking just to follow the chart under the Pool School recommended levels for SWG.

Thanks

Kevin
    22K gal, DE, IG Vinyl, Hayward Super Pump 1 1/2 HP@50 GPM, SWG - Gold Line Aqua Rite AQR w/ T-15 Cell.