Above ground pool and heater

Jun 5, 2011
Hello,

I just bought a 14' x 42" intex above ground pool . We set it up about a month ago, but with the seattle weather were having it hasn't been warm until this weekened. So of course the water in the pool is still very cold

I can't find anything online, maybe I'm searching in the wrong places

I'm looking for an inexpensive electric heater for my pool ( The pool was only $250 and everything I see online is like $1000 for the heat pump)

Is there a device out there that I can attach the hose that goes to in/ out of the filter unit and attach the heater unit in series? So as it's filtering the water the water is getting heated up at the same time?

Thank you!

Welcome to TFP!

Swimming pools require massive amounts of heat. Even your small pool will probably need as much heat as your entire house does in the winter. You can get small heaters designed for use on a spa that aren't very expensive, but you won't be happy with the results. Your best bet is solar heating panels, which don't cost all that much and get the heat from sunlight, which you don't need to pay for.

Thank you for your help!

I would like to do solar.. But I'm limited with space on the location of the pool. Can the solar be placed elsewhere? Say If I want it 100' away from the pool? I see the site says it's mounted directly to the side of the pool. If I could mount this on my roof it would only be about 50' away from the pool

I have a 240 dedicated circuit about 20' from my pool from an old hottub setup that I may consider getting an electric. I understand the costs involved, more then I'm willing to spend for a 3500 gallon pool setup. so I'll probably just deal with being cold . Thank you though

A lot of people mount solar to their roofs. I have never seen them mounted to the side of the pool. Usually they are on a rack system off to the side or on the roof. You need to place them where they would get the most sun exposure. 100' may be too far though, depending on your pump. I would not run my plumbing that far from my pool. Ours are mounted to a rack system north of our pool which is in a small cul de sac so room is limited. You can be very creative with a rack system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.