Polaris 380 hangs up

May 31, 2011
I've been reading several of the posts about the Polaris 380. I see some of you are saying that it doesn't do steps very well. Mine hangs up all the time on the steps no matter how I adjust the jet on the back or any thing else. There is a "back up" valve on the thing but it doesn't seem to be able to pull it out from where it's hung up. I have no idea why, there is nothing blocking it. The unit seems to just lie over on its port side and sit there. I've tried adjusting the float, the nozzle and the tail pressure but nothing works. (other than me going out there and picking up the hose and moving the Dang thing) Any suggestions ( other than buying something else)

thank you

Yeah, mine definitely has a thing going with the wedding-cake steps. Sweet tooth or something else, hard to say...

I assume you've checked for adequate pressure, i.e. the wheels rotate at the right RPM. Low pressure means the backup won't be as strong as might be necessary.

I have noticed on mine that the backup valve tends to move over time, and I have to adjust it so it points the right direction again every so often. Reorienting the flow might help it back off the steps.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.