Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from Holland

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from Holland

After spending hours and hours reading on this site, I thought I could introduce myself

I'm Siska (34 years) and live in the north of the Netherlands, Europe. Only saw 1 UK member, the rest of you seems to be US-citizens.
    I would like to apologize for any language-mistakes beforehand.. I do the best I can, but I scarcely write English and it's been quite a while since I had English lessons in school... Even reading this forum can be quite challenging, since there are so many words I don't know or am not sure how to translate. I quess I'll learn loads

Since 3 months we own a Sunspa Monaco. Had to re-do the entire garden (well, it's just 50 m2, so a pool was no option), but it was well woth it. Water chem-regulating was a bit more complicated then the salesman promised and that's how I found this site. The information I needed and got from here: I'm spending waaaaay to much time in the tub for putting in 1 cup of Aquafinesse a week So I bought new filters (oops, they're not cheap) and a waterwand and started over again. Now I seem to get the hang of it. A six-day cycle still not always good enough, so depending on how many hours and how many people are in there, I go for 5 or 6 days between maintance. I put in a cup of Aquafinesse and change the filter. Rinse the dirty one with the waterwand, which restores the colour of the filter from yellow/brown to white again. Yesterday for the first time I used a filtercleaner tablet, which I put with the filter and hot water in my new filtercleaner canister. Rinsed it again with the waterwand afterwards and left it to dry. I'm not sure how much it did, but I guess it won't hurt.
    Everyday I check the chloor-tablet. If it's almost gone, I put in a new one.

Well, I've been practising my English writing skills long enough. If you have questions, please feel free and thanks for all the effort you all have put in this site!
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hi from Holland

Welcome to the forum

TFP is global
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome. Your English is fine. Sounds a little British, but that won't be a barrier to communication
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

A warm welcome to TFP!!

Congratulations to you for coming here and doing the translation I know I couldn't post in any other language (though I was ~ fluent in Spanish 20+ years ago).

Maybe Mats (Henry Porter) could help us
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys for the warm welcome
    It would be great if my English teacher could hear the comment: "sounds a bit British". She was always nagging about my American accent...
    I think we have to learn other languages, who else would speak Dutch?

I've been trying to upload a picture of the sunspa as an avatar, but it seems I need a bit more practice. Well, as I said: this forum will teach me loads of things
    Sunspa Monaco in the garden since March 2011.