Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Problem with BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

The Problem with BBB

The dirty secret no one wants to talk about.....once your water is so clear and balanced, you will see every speck of dirt that falls to the bottom! My friends and family think I am strange for pulling out the pool vac. 4 or 5 times per hour.....Have a great summer!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x40 rectangle inground vinyl pool
    33K gallon of water
    1 HP Hayward Super pump
    Hayward high capacity sand filter S245T -250 pound sand
    pool is over 20 years old
    1 return line

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Problem with BBB

Another case of sparkly poolitis.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

A lot of those infestations around here. Something you just have to learn to live with..................
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

yep,,,every little speck--has got to go--- a little cloudiness would save some work!!
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah, I can relate. What's really annoying is that it always seems like as soon as you get the pool spotless, pull out the vacuum, roll up the hose, and get everything shipshape, you spot one speck of something you somehow missed!

And I have spent several minutes trying to vacuum up a shadow, I must confess.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

Sparklypoolitis is a chronic condition.

Richard, I find it helpful to keep the long-handled pool brush very near by. If I see that post-vacuum single piece of dirt, I grab the brush and slowly drag the offending speck all the way to the shallow end where I can get it with my toes. Or I commission DH, who can dive deep, to go in and get it.

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

7. Back To Top    #7

Am I the only one that swims around the pool with the end of the vacuum hose getting all those little pieces you missed?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

8. Back To Top    #8

This is where a thing like the Poolblaster comes in very handy. Everyone thinks I'm crazy doing deep dives with that thing - but it beat the heck out of dragging the hose out. BBB works.
    10K IG fiberglass pool, Hayward 24" Sand Filter, 1.5HP Hayward superpump, Heat Pump Heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Yeah, I can relate. What's really annoying is that it always seems like as soon as you get the pool spotless, pull out the vacuum, roll up the hose, and get everything shipshape, you spot one speck of something you somehow missed!

And I have spent several minutes trying to vacuum up a shadow, I must confess.
    I agree with this.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

10. Back To Top    #10

I hear ya! My daughter says I'm obsessed with vacuuming. The water is so crystal clear that there's NO WAY I want to look out and see little dirt splotches on the pool floor. I have a Pool BLaster for quickie jobs, but I don't mind getting in and slowly vacuum manually (Great excuse to get my tan on)...lol
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

11. Back To Top    #11

I have the same problem. What's worse, the pool is so clean that when I turn on the light, I see every bump in the liner! Also, any dirt that I have seems to get stuck in these depressions. Oh well, I guess it's something I just have to deal with. My wife thinks I am crazy with all the brushing, vacuuming and diving for specks of dirt that I do.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

12. Back To Top    #12

BadOleRoss,

No, you aren't the only one

I admit it in public - I'm a clean pool fanatic and sometimes I spend more time sweeping my leaf net through the water and sucking things up with the vacuum hose than I do swimming. Thing is, whatever cleaning I do I still feel like I'm getting a good workout !!

Cheers,
    Jan Pink Queen
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

13. Back To Top    #13

Alert! All posters in this thread have been added to the "sparkly pool itis" list.

It's okay. You will be notified of the next meeting.

No worries. You will be among friends.

p.s. If you feel the need to drain your pool to remove that one spect of dirt, please PM one of the mods for an immediate intervention. We are here to help!

p.s.p.s. If you have a margaritaville frozen concoction machine, please bring it along with all necessary supplies. We'll take up a collection to reimburse
    oh, and wear your swimsuit and bring your towel and floatie device , if you wish. Meetings usually last all day.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

14. Back To Top    #14

LOL - I definitely belong in this group!
    Summer: 19 x 37 Pacific Graphex IG modified oval, aztec marine vinyl liner, 24,000 gal, 3.5 feet to 8 feet, 1 hp Hayward C4025 Swim Clear 4-cartridge filter, 12.5% Liquid Pool Shock for sanitizing, 1 super wide mouth skimmer, 4 returns (2 therapy jets in steps), Hayward Heat Pro heat pump, non-curved pool slide, 6' jump board, 8 ml blue solar cover, TF-100 test kit, had pink algae in 2010 Winter: Hot Springs Vista Spa, 500 gallons.

15. Back To Top    #15

I understand that being a member of the "sparkly poolitis" group use to come with a shirt and a hat.....it this still the case?
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

16. Back To Top    #16

I just realized today that I have joined the group. From the kitchen it appears that the bottom of the pool is about 1' deep since you can see it so well. But I can also see dirt!
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]