SWG with BA, helping a friend, poor pool co in Galveston

anonapersona

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
Does anyone have suggestions for a pool company in Galveston, TX that can run a SWG pool on TFP levels? A friend has a place there, sometimes untended for a few weeks or at other times with a dozen kids in the pool. The current test by my testing is
0 FC
8.2 pH
130 TA
290 CH
trace CYA
Pool is clear and sparkly but has some of what may be black algae and gets algae a lot I'm tol. Pool company is adding powdered shock weekly, and algaecide and clarifier sometimes. On June 3 FC 1.5 and pH 7.5, so either they don't test well or pool is very unstable. Last night we were unable to find CYA or MA at Wal-mart so I added 1 jug bleach to get FC to near 4 overnight.
SWG seems to be working with mist of bubbles from one return.
My plan is to first get CYA up to 20 and set pH to 7.5 then hit algae. Then I can return in a week to adjust TA to 90, CYA to 80 and try to fine tune SWG. Pool is plaster, maybe 23,000 gallons, SWG and cart filter.
What we need is someone who will not mess this up afterward.
Suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.