Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine testing

I'm having trouble with testing my pool for chlorine with Taylor k 2006 test kit. I follow the instruction on the test kit but The CC test indicates there is no CC. I first test for FC and I get a FC test result of 5.4. I then do step #5 add 5 drops of R-0003. I do that and it shows no CC. I'm I suppose to use the FC water sample or am I suppose to get a new water sample? After I did this test, I took a sample to the store and everything was good, but my PH was high. The test kit is new. I got it a couple of weeks ago.

Store test result shows:

FC- 3.5
    CC- 0.1
    Pool Size: 20.5K gal, Filter: DE, Type: IG, Finish: Plaster, Non-SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Norfolk, UK

Re: Chlorine testing

A CC of 0 or 0.1 is good. FC of 3.5 might be OK as long as you don't have too much stabiliser is the water. How high a PH is high?
    32x16 -16,500 gallon plaster pool with connected spa and spillover, Hayward RS 1 HP pump, 2 Hayward Cartridge filters. 10 hours of direct sun a day and a first time pool owner!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Fleming Island, FL

Re: Chlorine testing

You are doing the test correctly. You use the same sample for the FC and CC tests. The test on goes down to 0.2 ppm accuracy if you use 25 ml sample. Not sure you would pickup a CC value of 0.1. I would trust your test over that of the pool store's.
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool