After years of begging from my kids, I finally relent and ordered a pool . It will be installed about 2 weeks from now.
It is a 18' x 33' x 54" oval pool. It includes a 1.5hp hayward 2 speed pump and 20" hayward sand filter. Started googling about pools and landed right here.
I have been reading the very helpful articles on pool school. I guess it is just too much info some of my brain matter is leaking outta my ears (gotta find an ear plug! Can't afford to waste anymore brain cells...)
Anyways, 1st thing that was clear to me is in order to get a good water quality, I need a good test kit so I ordered the TF-100 test kit .
Now the questions :
1. How does all the different chemicals tied together? I noticed that chlorine and cya are tied together. How about the pH, TA, and other stuff?
2. I am having the installer sink the pool two feet. This voids the warranty on collapsing inward but the pool store said as long as you have water inside the pool, this should not be a problem. Is there any instance where I need to remove all the water from the pool?
3. Pool store includes a pool kit that is supposed to last for 3 weeks and this includes shocking the pool every week. I have read some advice that shocking every week is not necessary. I am also thinking of using the BBB method. Any advice on how to start using the BBB method in a new pool?
4. Do I have to cover the pool with solar blanket every time it is not used?
5. Pool store guy told me that I can run the pump at low speed 24hrs using only 3amps, is this true? Or will it be better to get a timer and have the pump go on/off for a specific time?
I know I have more questions, I just can't remember them.