Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Currently filling, perhaps an emergency - help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Currently filling, perhaps an emergency - help!!

Installing a 20' sharkline Matrix.
    Spent several days digging and measuring with 11' 2X6 with 4' level on top - everything looked good.
    THen on to the patio stones, dug each one out and checked level with the 2x6 and than checked level against the patio stone on each side, then went all around with the 2x6 and checked it all out before stopping. Did alot of fine tuning and everything looked good.
    Put bottom rails together, measured until round.
    Put the wall up - remeasured until round.
    Put liner up, got it all nice, then put the top caps on and starting filling.

Now, there's a couple inches in there and I decided to take the measuring tape and go around the outside edge to check the measurement.....and it's out by a couple inches.
    Someone PLEASE tell me this is normal, will this thing become more round as it fills?? (I feel stupid asking that) but all my measurements seemed good, and I quadruple checked them.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Currently filling, perhaps an emergency - help!!

Is the water filling evenly, or sloping on one side?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Measured and I only see about 1/4 inch variation around the entire edge.
    I'm wondering if the liner is pulling on the top rails, one side went on a bit tighter than the other but it seemed to go on ok.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

It's normal for it to pull more to one side mishaping the pool a bit until the water level gets up a bit. It's not uncommon for it to get a little egg shaped. Those liners are hardly ever perfectly in the center of the pool but they'll stretch and everything will work out.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the reassurance, it'c continuing to fill, so far so good!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Pool is 2/3 full and re-measured, it measures 2" from true round....is this bad or within tolerances???
    Actually perhaps it's 1", I took 3 measures and got 19'4", 19'6", 19'4".
    Pool is filling level (within 1/4 inch).

I'd appreciate some input on how true to round the rails need to be, 142 thread views....please help!!

7. Back To Top    #7

It's 1" and that's more than fine. 1" out of round on that size pool is nothing.

Looks like a wonderful job on leveling.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Bama....you have no idea how glad I am to hear that...if I ever meet you I will buy you a beer and burger
    Thanks so much.

9. Back To Top    #9

Don't be surprised if there's a knock on your door one day and it's some big guy in a swimsuit holding his hand out!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm afraid my poor excuse for Northern BBQ would be insulting for someone from Southern Alabama, I watch shows about southern BBQ and drool....we have nothing like that where I live.

Thanks for the encouragement on the pool!!