Borate levels to high, is that a bad thing???

May 18, 2011
I apparently added to much 20 Mule Team Borax when I decided to go the Borate route. My current Borate Levels are 90ppm! I keep draining & filling back up & waiting/circulating, then draining again, but the levels won't go down. I know the correct levels are 50-55ppm, so is the levels being this high anything to be worried about?

Thank you in advance for your time, efforts & information!

Hi there~~

It seems odd that you are draining and filling and still are getting the same test results. Either something might be wrong with your test strips, or something with the Soft Swim is stepping on the borate test.

If I suddenly found my borates at 90, I wouldn't do a thing. I'd just wait for the filter backwashes and the splashout and refilling to reduce the borates.

Try testing again in a day or so. Also consider getting a fresh container of test strips.

Lana

Lana537 said:
Hi there~~

It seems odd that you are draining and filling and still are getting the same test results. Either something might be wrong with your test strips, or something with the Soft Swim is stepping on the borate test.

If I suddenly found my borates at 90, I wouldn't do a thing. I'd just wait for the filter backwashes and the splashout and refilling to reduce the borates.

Try testing again in a day or so. Also consider getting a fresh container of test strips.

Lana

Lana, Thank you for taking the time to respond! I found out the level was 90 by getting the water tested at the pool place using the computerized method. The test strips show it at least 80. I just want to make sure it's not going to hurt anything or anyone being that high until it comes down.

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.