1st test of the season?

Jun 3, 2011
Hi all, well I ordered my tf100 kit today so went to walkmart and got the test kit they sell for now.
I am not sure how accurate this test kit is from walmart but that's all I could find local.
I have an issue with cloudy pool water so here are my params, let me know what you think.
I did just add algaecide today so hopefully that helps?
Clorine 5+
bromine 10+
ph 8.2
Ta 120
Th 160
C.a. ~32

I know my clorine is hi and need to let it burn off but do
I need to adjust anything else?
Thanks!

You need to check your PH again as soon as the chlorine level is not off the top of the scale. High FC levels can cause false high PH readings. If the PH is still above 7.8 when FC is lower, then you need to lower it to around 7.5.

Thank you
I do have one more question about shocking the pool?
I have not shocked the pool in over a week, do I need to wait until the clorine levels get down to normal before I shock the pool or is it still ok to shock the pool?
Maybe I am just getting hung up on shocking the pool once a week?
Thanks for all your help!

There is no need to shock the pool once a week. You only need to shock if the water clouds up, the FC level falls to zero, CC is above 0.5, or there is some other obvious reason to suspect organic contamination.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.