Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: mixing chemicals faster by blowing the bottom drain?

1. Back To Top    #1

mixing chemicals faster by blowing the bottom drain?

Guys who closed my pool mixed shock by blowing the bottom drain.

Some chemicals, like PH Down require 2 hours to circulate before you can add other chemicals or test PH level again. I believe some other chemicals require even more time.

I don't know if it takes hours to dissolve or mix or both, but I wonder if this technique can be used when you want to mix chemicals fast and don't want to wait for hours in between.

18'X4' 7600 Gal AG
    3/4 HP Pentair Pump
    Hayward S166T 100 lb sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

San Diego, CA

Re: mixing chemicals faster by blowing the bottom drain?

You don't usually have to wait 2 to 4 hours to make pH adjustments. 30 mins with your pump on is usually enough. If you're running a variable speed pump on low then maybe it will take longer.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: mixing chemicals faster by blowing the bottom drain?

I think it would be faster to just grab a brush (wall whale is especially good for this) and get the water stirred up with it than it would be to mess around with plugging up the inlet, and the rest of it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!